Curious Legends is a vibrant visual theatre company dedicated to promoting theatre and the performing arts within the Australian community. While our company is based in Newcastle, our activities are national and international in scope.
Our members are professional artists who work with Curious Legends on an ongoing basis. Their expertise includes giant illuminated puppets, shadow theatre, site specific performance, outdoor theatre, and large-scale interactive community engagement projects. As part of our work we hold regular workshops for community participants to engage with our professional practice. This includes school workshops, wider community projects, and festivals.
For further details about our work, including images and video footage of past projects, please take a look around our website!
We are currently seeking 1 new board member to help steer the direction of our future work. A not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee, board members are asked to give general oversight to our activities. While not involved in the day-to-day running of our company, your input as a board member is essential to forward planning, future visioning, and organisational oversight. Curious Legends is currently undergoing a period of rapid growth, and is looking for enthusiastic support to take us into the next phase of our evolution.
So – what qualifies you to be a board member for Curious Legends?
- Love of the performing arts!
- Desire to help the small to medium arts sector succeed and further develop in Australia
- Willingness to give advice where required
- Having one (or more) of the following skillsets:
- Philanthropic Funding
- Networking & Contacts (particularly with regards to festivals, councils, department of education, etc.)
While we don’t require board members to be active hands within the company, advice and expertise are warmly welcomed. Being a board member of Curious Legends is a rewarding role, and able to be served from anywhere. Being located in Newcastle, NSW, or even Australia is not a requirement. Applications from people with indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged, as we are aiming for diverse perspectives on the board.
What do YOU get by serving on the Curious Legends board?
- Creating a small team with fun, like-minded people
- A feeling of accomplishment serving the wider arts community in Australia
- Connection to the company via our online cloud platforms.
- Regular meetings every month, via videolink and cloud collaboration.
For further details, and to learn more about this opportunity, please get in touch with our current Artistic Director & CEO – Mitchell Reese: firstname.lastname@example.org