This October, we’re working with Maitland City Council and the Riverlights Community to create another inspiring finale to the landmark Maitland Riverlights Festival! Giant Puppets, audience interaction, a parade, and a floating screen on the Hunter River will combine to make this the best festival yet!
Riverlights is a multicultural festival, and if you’re one of the communities taking part we want your help! We’re working with Alex Wegner from Sketch It Live to create a unique animation showcasing the many cultures that are part of this festival. This includes national cultural icons, collected multimedia, and stories with a River theme. The result will then be shown on a floating river screen as part of the finale.
Like to know more? Check out this video below, then scroll down to see how YOU can get involved!!
Want to Get Involved?
We need your materials for our Riverlights Finale to be a success! Here’s what we need from YOU:
- A National Icon – This might be an animal, food, or other cultural icon.
- Sound, Video, & Still Images – Anything you would like to represent your culture!!! The more material we have the better.
- River Stories – Any stories from your culture which you would like to share! These can be traditional or modern, with a River theme. Several stories will be expanded on in the performance, showcased in the animation, and linked to giant puppets interacting with audience members along the shore. Could this be your story?
- Deadline for submissions is Sunday, September 1st @ midnight
- Send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions are digital only. If sending large files, you can upload directly to our server: https://apps.curiouslegends.com.au/nextcloud/index.php/s/Joy8yxeczBZAygF
- By sending in material for submissions, you give Curious Legends & Maitland City Council permission to use this for the finale performance of the 2019 Riverlights Festival
- While not all materials will be used, the more we have from your culture, the better we can showcase it!
- Further questions, ideas, or suggestions? Email Mitchell on: email@example.com